Advertising Your Business Through Your Social Media
As a savvy business owner, you probably know how social media plays an important role for your business. With over 200 million social network users in the U.S.1, small businesses turn to social media to drive potential customers to their business website.
In this article you will learn how you can leverage social media advertising on the following platforms:1. Facebook 2. LinkedIn 3. YouTube 4. Twitter
There’s even a growing number that use their social media page as their business website by simply connecting their domain name to it (so when a customer types in their web address [e.g., JudysGoodies.net], it takes them directly to their social media page - learn more about this in How to Redirect Your Domain Name).
So, if you’re already using social media, have you considered using it to advertise? If you’re not, it definitely warrants consideration. Not only is it more cost-effective than traditional advertising, you can really hit a targeted audience without having to spend millions!
With over 200 million social network users in the U.S.1, small businesses turn to social media to drive potential customers to their business website.
If you’re looking to get started, here’s a quick summary of four popular platforms:
With more than 1.45 billion daily active Facebook users, it’s no wonder why businesses like to advertise here.2
- Costs are pretty reasonable which allows companies of any size or budget to easily test them out
- Depending on complexity, ads can be launched quickly
- You can target your audience with detailed requirements like age range, gender, location, and interests
- Multiple variations of your ad can be created and tracked for performance
If you’re B2B, this platform is for you. With more than 542 million members in over 200 countries, two new members join the LinkedIn community every second.3,4
- You’ll get step-by-step instructions on how to create your ad
- Like Facebook, you can create different ad variations in one campaign and track performance
- You can target your audience with detailed requirements, including location, job title, age, gender, current employer and graduating school
With over a billion users worldwide watching over a billion of hours of video every day, YouTube reaches more 18-34 year-olds on mobile than any cable network in the U.S.5
- There are a number of advertising opportunities including display ads, in-video ads, and promoted videos
- You can create targeted campaigns by choosing topics, keywords or demographics
- You only pay when target elects to watch your video
- Ads can be created and tracked within your business’s Google AdWords account
This micro-blogging site has more than 330 million monthly active users, and is popular with younger adults under the age of 50.6
- You can target by keywords, phrases, users who visit your page, and followers of a particular user
- Basic setup is simple and self-explanatory
- Ads run almost immediately
1Statista. Number of social network users in the United States from 2015 to 2022 (in millions). Accessed June 7, 2018
2Facebook. Company Info. Accessed June 7, 2018
3LinkedIn. About Us. Accessed June 7, 2018
4LinkedIn. LinkedIn By The Numbers: 2017 Statistics. Accessed June 7, 2018
5YouTube. Statistics. Accessed June 7, 2018
6Omnicore. Twitter by the Numbers: Stats, Demographics & Fun Facts. Accessed June 7, 2018