Help Gain More Visitors to Your Site With Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Avg. read time 3 min
In this article you will learn:
- Why You Should Use Search Engine Marketing?
- Benefits of Using Search Engine Marketing?
Are you not getting enough visitors to your site? Maybe you should consider Search Engine Marketing (SEM) to help gain more traffic. It’s different from Search Engine Optimization (SEO), where it can take much longer for your site to appear on search engines.
SEM is a marketing method of gaining traffic by purchasing ads based on keywords on search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. It is also called paid search marketing. Like SEO, it relies on keywords that users are searching for, but you have more control on how your ads will show up on the search results page.
SEM has three strategic benefits. It helps:
- Boost Promotions or Sales Events: If you have time-sensitive or seasonal events, use SEM to target prospective customers during the promotion.
- Raise Exposure: If SEO is taking too long and you want immediate visibility, use SEM to get your site listed on search engines, and as fast as today.
- Control costs: You set the budget with SEM, which allows you to spend exactly what you can afford.
Google, Bing and Yahoo have fairly simple programs to get started, where you determine the keywords or search phrases, and the amount you want to spend per click and/or per day.
There’s no need to be intimidated by SEM. It can be a very effective, cost-efficient way to help bring customers to your site, and provide control over when, where and how you’ll appear on the search results page.
Just remember: Start small with SEM and then scale it as you learn more and see results over time.
Google, Yahoo! And Bing are trademarks of Google, Inc, Yahoo!, Inc. and Microsoft Corporation, respectively